Hello everyone! Thank you for all being so understanding and supportive of my silence here behind the scenes. It's been busy busy busy, and I've been prioritizing my time in really important ways. There's been a combination of busy photo editing, album designing, auditioning, visiting with friends, and kitty snuggling. You know, the usual stuff. So what have I been up to? What thoughts have I been having?
1. I auditioned for Les Miserables, the musical that is being produced by my local community theatre. I was called back for Fantine and had a blast at the callbacks, and though I didn't get the part, I had a great experience with the whole audition process. I am happy to report that I did get cast, and I'm anticipating an incredible (busy) summer full of beautiful music. I'm various chorus parts, namely a Lovely Lady, and also a lot of other parts that ... tend to be synonyms for lovely ladies. Ahem. The show is the first two weekends of August. I'm sure you'll be hearing more about it here as I begin the rehearsal process.
2. I've been spending a lot of time with friends reflecting on the way I run my business, how I choose to spend my free time, how I can increase productivity while decreasing stress and fatigue. I've shared many a bottle of wine recently with some of my dearest friends, and they've been helping me with some big thoughts that are bubbling up under the surface. I'm in the process of restructuring my business, changing my pricing, and maximizing the client experience. I'm really excited to change up what's going on behind the scenes at Kinzie Ferguson Photography. Some big things are going to be happening, folks.
3. I traveled up to Chicago this weekend to assist my good friend Cindy on a wedding. She was our wedding coordinator, and also she and her wife are just excellent people. Also we eat really well together. And it certainly doesn't hurt to have another small business owner to talk things over with.
4. We got a new computer! I love it so much, and it cuts my editing time in half. I'm anticipating some big changes in my workflow, just due to the time I'm not sitting waiting patiently (or not so patiently...) for a file to open or save. It's already been a relief, and I'm so excited for it to just keep getting better from here.
5. Donnie and I are beginning the process of packing some not-so-necessities to prepare for our move to Savannah. It's weird to see some of our DVDs packed away, to be finishing bottles of cooking supplies and deciding to do without them instead of buy a new bottle that we'll just have to move with us. We are so excited, but it's also a little scary how quickly it's coming up. Wahh! :)
6. I'm delivering some more sessions this week, which means you're going to get to see even more photos on the blog (finally!). Here's a little sneak peek to whet your whistle... GOSH I love these two.
7. Oh! And I'm shooting some weddings this summer! I can't wait for Tracy and DeShawn's wedding on Friday (I'm second shooting for a wonderful local photographer named Stephanie) and for Jess and Jason's wedding in August. Oh boy! Love is in the air!
How have you been? What have you been up to? I'd love to hear from you, really! Have you had lovely weeks lately? Been enjoying the warm weather? What's going on in your brain?